The Bar Point of Control (POC) is the price (or user-set range of prices) at which the most volume traded during the bar. Display options are
- VPOC Traditional volume point of control, based on raw volume at price
- APOC Auction point of control is calculated using volume at auction points. If you are not familiar with Insider Bars Auction Point analysis, see this post.
To add VPOC/APOC, you need to
- choose which type from the Bar POC Type dropdown box, and
- choose the number of ticks.
Please note that APOC is not available for symbols which do not have volume data (indices, forex, etc.), or if you are not using Auction Point data.
Additional APOC Options
If you click on the green APOC button, a panel will open in the bottom of Inputs with additional options. In addition for setting colors for Bar APOC, you also have the following:
- Largest Bull/Bear Auction Points This dropdown box allows you to display up/down arrows at the highest up/down auction points of the bar. Note that these are based on single auction points, regardless of whether your are using one or more ticks for the Bar APOC. You may choose none, largest auction point or largest up and largest down. If you chose both, the larger of the two will be shown as a solid arrow, with the lesser shown as a hollow arrow.
Note: Blog posts like this one offer basic information. For more details, see online help.