Late in 2018, OF-G introduced ELD file delivery for products, in addition to delivery via TradeStation’s TradingApp Store. I’m happy to report that the reviews of ELD are outstanding! One of the big advantages of ELD delivery is that it offers far more flexibility than delivering everything via the Store. For this reason, ELD is becoming the testing ground for new product features. Then — only after all the kinks are out — will updates be released to Store subscribers.
Subscribers who have been around a while know that updates on the TradingApp Store can be frustrating. First of all, the Store approval process adds two to three days to the turnaround of any bug fixes. And of course, there is no “rolling back” if there is a problem. Worst of all, the Store updating system itself can sometimes give you headaches.
Commencing with the upcoming Spring 2019 updates, ELD subscribers will receive a separate beta indicator containing new feature additions.
This way, no one’s “bread and butter” trading charts will be affected if there is a glitch in the beta. ELD subscribers will give feedback, and a short time later will get an updated beta. We will do this as often as necessary. Then when everything is rock-solid, the TradingApp Store subscribers will receive the update.
From the perspective of TradingApp Store subscribers, here is what you can expect:
- Far fewer updates: Probably 3-4 per year. This will dramatically reduce your exposure to Store update glitches.
- By the time you get a release, it should have all the design and performance kinks worked out.
If you want to offer suggestions and play an active role in new feature development, please subscribe via ELD.
Of course, I will promptly fix any bugs which get past beta. And I am always happy to hear feedback from anyone. But bear in mind that there will be a lag time of several months before Store subscriber feedback can be implemented. If you want to offer suggestions and play an active role in new feature development, please subscribe via ELD.
From the perspective of ELD subscribers, here is what you can expect:
- In addition to your primary product files, you will periodically receive beta versions of indicators with new features. While you are under no obligation to give feedback, I would encourage you to check them out and see how you can use them in your trading.
- Sometimes you will get partial updates to try while I am putting finishing touches on others. For example, very soon Insider Bars Beta subscribers will receive Beta 2019-1.01, with the primary change being the addition of Volume Profile analysis. And as soon as other parts are complete, you will receive Beta 2019-1.02 with more features.
- You will typically receive new features (via beta releases), one to three months before Store subscribers.
- Each beta version of an indicator will have a unique name. This way, if you find one you really like and want to use if for trading, you can — without worrying about a future beta overwriting it. My aim is to make this as stress-free as possible.
- The turnaround on feedback, bug fixes, etc. will be much, much faster than what was possible with Store subscriptions.
I think this new arrangement is going to be a big step up in efficiency and trouble-free updates. If you have any questions or comments, please drop me a line.