There are a number of instances where you may wish to transfer your settings. For example,
- If you would like to replicate a chart for a second symbol
- If you are switching from the Insider Bars product to the OF-G Suite product on the TradingApp Store, or vice versa (Different products use different indicator names.)
- If you are switching from a TradingApp Store subscription to an ELD subscription (Here also, different indicator names are employed.)
Insider Bars (and all the OF-G products) have a lot of settings. Manually recreating your chart would be a long and tedious process. Fortunately, there is an easy way to transfer your settings automatically.
Understanding Indicator Name Prefixes
The TradingApp Store adds prefixes to indicator names based on the product name. For example, if you subscribe to the Insider Bars product the indicator name for Insider Bars B is
Insider Bars – Insider Bars B (Version XX)
However if you are subscribed to the OF-G Suite product, the name for the same indicator is
OF-G Suite – Insider Bars B (Version XX)
Meanwhile if you are subscribed via ELD files, the indicator name is
OFG Insider Bars B
If you switch from one product to another, you need to remove the old product’s indicators from your charts and replace them with the new product’s indicators.
Using The Save Defaults Feature
OF-G products allow you to save and transfer default colors and settings. This feature may be used to transfer your settings if you switch products. The following is an example of switching the Insider Bars B indicator from the OF-G Suite product to the Insider Bars product:
- Right click on the Insider Bars B display on the chart you wish to switch, and choose Save as defaults from the menu.
- Delete OF-G Suite – Insider Bars B (Version XX) indicator from your chart.
- Add Insider Bars – Insider Bars B (Version XX) indicator to your chart.
- When the input screen opens, click the OK button. The indicator will load with your saved settings.
It’s that simple! Here is a video demonstration:
Chart Switching Notes
- To use save/restore settings to transfer your charts, you must have access to both versions at the same time.
- You must have the latest version of both products to use save/restore settings. Make sure you have updated to the latest versions of both products.
- This functionality is available for all OF-G products. However there are a few instances where, for compatibility reasons, certain settings are not saved when you save defaults. For instance, G Square Pro square sizes and Price Vol Pro bars allocated to market depth. These must be set manually.
WhEN To Use Restore Defaults
Restore defaults is used when you wish to change the settings of a chart which already has the appropriate indicator loaded. For example, say you have 10 charts for different stocks, and you wish to change the VWAP color from red to blue:
- Make the change desired on one chart, and save as defaults. (Note that there is also a checkbox to save defaults on the bottom of the Input screen.)
- On each of the other charts, all you need to do is to click the Restore defaults link from the right-click menu. The change will be made automatically.