Major updates are coming to OF-G software this fall. This post addresses the Insider Bars order flow product line.
Long-term Insider Bars subscribers will be the first to tell you that the software has grown large and cumbersome since its release. Currently it includes six different indicators and tradingapps. One of the main reasons for its putting on the pounds has to do with the mechanics of the TradingApp Store: TradeStation doesn’t allow developers to remove anything from Store products.
Today’s Insider Bars product includes things necessary in years past, but which serve no purpose with today’s TradeStation.
These make for needless confusion, especially for new users.
Additionally, I have learned that a significant demand exists from position traders who value Insider Bars’ long-term VWAP, value area and volume profile, but who don’t really need the full blown volume@price order flow experience.
With this year’s updates, we will address both of these issues.
Current subscribers please note: None of these changes require you to change anything whatsoever with your Insider Bars setup. Existing subscriptions will continue to be supported as they currently exist.
The Path Forward
Two single-indicator versions of Insider Bars will soon be available on the TradingApp Store, Insider Bars Air and Insider Bars Pro. Shortly thereafter, Insider Bars Scan will be released.
Insider Bars Air is available now.
- Easy-to-use, lightweight version of Insider Bars which does not require extensive tick data
- Works comfortably on less powerful computers
- Supports daily and minute charts
- Focus is on VWAP, value area and volume profile
- Great for longer-term traders
- Much more economical than full Insider Bars
Inside Bars Pro will be available sometime in October 2020, and represents the next generation of state-of-the-art order flow analysis for TradeStation.
- Combines everything in one indicator (much faster)
- Supports daily charts, in addition to tick, volume, minute, and second
- Data management rewritten from the ground up, giving you higher resolution and faster loading
- Vastly improved, more intuitive inputs
- State-of-the-art new analysis features
Insider Bars Scan should be available in early 2021. It is a tradingapp to monitor multiple markets for real-time opportunities. Scan will work like RadarScreen, but will include features beyond the scope of RS.
INSIDER BARS and OF-G Suite Subscribers:
- If you are a TradingApp Store subscriber, Insider Bars Pro will be added to your software package when it is available.
- If you are an ELD subscriber, you will be granted access to OFG Insider Bars Pro, the private version.
- There will be no added cost for Insider Bars Pro.
Once Insider Bars Pro is released on the TradingApp Store, the Insider Bars and OF-G Suite products will be closed to new subscribers.
Again, the reasons for these changes is to make things simpler, and less confusing – especially for new users.
Time Sales Pro and Cumulative Delta
Subscribers are probably aware that I have listed free lite versions of two tertiary Insider Bars components on the TradingApp Store:
If you have not tried these, you should. Globex Aggressor Time Sales has a huge following, and will soon be the #1 tradingapp on the Store.
These fit into the new plan also. Soon, they will have enhanced functionality available if you are an Insider Bars subscriber. The August updates to Insider Bars, Insider Bars Air and OF-G Suite added security tokens to enable this functionality once it is added to the two products. Stay tuned for more information!
Discounted Yearly Subscriptions
I would also like to announce that Insider Bars Air and Pro will soon be available at substantial discounts if you sign up for 12-month subscriptions.
As you probably know, listed TradingApp Store products are only available month to month, and only if you have a TradeStation brokerage account. But there is also part of the Store which allows developers to offer unlisted products directly to users. This is how these yearly subscriptions will work.
You make a one-time payment via PayPal, and you receive the private access version of Insider Bars Air or Pro for the next 12 months.
The products are exactly the same – same updates, same everything. If you are interested in this, please let me know.
These private access subscriptions will replace the ELD subscription option for new users. There are a few reasons for this:
- Most of the TradingApp Store concerns which ELD subscriptions were meant to address have now been solved by TradeStation.
- The update process for ELD subscriptions proved to be much more frustrating and error-prone for users than anticipated. Updates for the new private access subscriptions are simple; they work just like regular TradingApp Store products.
- ELD versions require substantial additional development time for each and every update. This cuts into time which would otherwise be spent in adding functional improvements to the software.
Private access subscriptions address the biggest TradingApp Store concerns:
- Software-only TS subscribers’ inability to subscribe, and
- Inflexible subscription and payment options.
I think these changes are going to be a big step forward for us. If you have any questions, send me an email.